Friday 5 August 2016

My Varsity Final Project: Weapon Prop

A quick update:

So as stated in previous post link I stated that we where going to produce a weapon prop for the VR player to hold and handle as they play.

It was inspired by this, Artist: sobaku-chiuchiu

and a p90:




The prop went through a few design choices:
V1 (see the P90?)
V2: Started a "Mass Effect-isk" version...scrapped quickly
V3: 'Final' version
V3: alt version

However, originally, we where going to 3d print the prop and create a custom wireless controller....but I decided to save time, I started to retro fit an old airsoft gun and strap a Bluetooth controller internally.
Stripping the internals in prep. Also...seem familiar? O yeah, was the tavor  project link

Ripped apart Bluetooth controller link
Midway doing all the wiring
Tying up all the wiring
Tadaa....finished "prop"

Luckily....it all works. Win!!!
Now none of this would be completed without a cringe worthy video of me trying top explain things...so here....enjoy I guess:

Todo:
Finish up a 3D game model that represents this weapon in game which represents real world prop.
Code weapon mechanics etc.
Test mocap prop tracking
Test whole system as a whole
Stage 1: VR Mayhem                                                                                                                                                Stage 3: Test level

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trophy Project

So a family friend recently finished his 21th Cape Town Cycle Tour , which is quite the achievement. So I thought I'd make a trophy of s...