Tuesday 17 March 2015

MYO armband (Start of project grasp)

A while ago (about a month give or take) I received this little package
This my friends is the first part to my prosthetic hand project (Yes you heard me, I'm going to attempt to make a prosthetic hand).

It's a MYO motion gesture armband made by Thalmic Labs (link).


Myo motion gesture armband

I'll be using this to read (hopefully) the users muscle contractions and convert that into data which I can hand (hehe..hand, get it?) it over to the prosthetic hand.

Without a further ado, a quick un-boxing:

All nicely snug packing with some bubble wrap.

Once I was able to tear myself away from popping all the bubble-wrap,
I get the first glimpse of the MYO armband in it's very professional packaging.  

Just the back end of the display box/case (yes the orientation is wrong,
 just turn your head 90 degrees....see it as a stretching exercise for your neck)

Whats inside the box?
1x usb dongle, 1x micro usb cable, brace re-sizer (for those with smaller arms)
1x Myo Armband, 1x thank you for purchasing card

The Myo armband (with protective plastic)

Fits nice and snugly (and possibly fashionable as well XD )
Till thus far haven't been able to properly play around and develop with this (Due to varsity gut punching me with tests, assignments, workshops and projects), but from the little I have played with this it seems very promising.

For more details on this product go and check on their website Thalmic Labs (link).

With this I'll be one step closer to beginning the prosthetic hand project (more details and concepts to come)
If you have any question do feel free to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trophy Project

So a family friend recently finished his 21th Cape Town Cycle Tour , which is quite the achievement. So I thought I'd make a trophy of s...