Tuesday 2 September 2014

Tavor repaint project: Day 3

SOOOooooo...today was a more exciting day in the tavor repaint, you'll see later why.

I began again taping off everything that was not to become orange (leaving the previous tape on...cause that stays black)
Again, 2 light coats, this time Orange (still using Rust_oleum)
And finally, once dried, I removed all the tape (and here comes the exciting part). Boy am I pleasantly surprised at the results.
The plan
Current state
Next steps are cleanup, finer detail and finaly sealing it with a matte finish lacquer. After which I'll install a burst mosfet (I'll make a post about it later) and other electronics.

Anyhow, the next update should be the final one for the paint, so stay tuned to see this baby finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trophy Project

So a family friend recently finished his 21th Cape Town Cycle Tour , which is quite the achievement. So I thought I'd make a trophy of s...